Since 1881, T. E. Ibberson Company has been setting the standard for designing and building innovative, cost-effective plants worldwide. For over 130 years, we have been an industry-preferred engineering and construction company, meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations. Our experience includes: Grain processing and storage, Feed manufacturing, Pet food manufacturing, Flour milling, Renewable fuels, Food manufacturing, Cement and mineral, Specialty slip form.
Ibberson is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TIC, one of the largest industrial contractors in North America. Founded in 1974 in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, TIC - The Industrial Company, a division of Kiewit Corporation is a direct-hire, heavy industrial contractor providing world-class construction expertise in the areas of Power, Mining/Minerals Processing, Oil/Gas/Chemical, Renewable Energy, and Food & Beverage. Our financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities and outstanding performance record make TIC the contractor of choice for heavy industrial construction. Our unique company culture of over 6,000 talented team members who are Powered by People, includes an outstanding project and safety culture where “Nobody Gets Hurt”, a work hard, play hard attitude and meaningful involvement in local communities.
We offer competitive pay along with a full comprehensive benefit package that include 90% employer funding of medical and dental benefits, a 401(k) savings plan that includes an employer match of up to 6% and a paid time off program of 20 days per year!! Join our winning team and learn more about our roles below:
Through an understanding of the scope of work RFQ, this position will perform accurate quantity take-offs, RFIs, bid clarifications, and direct estimates for the civil/structural discipline. Experience in Heavy Industrial construction prefered
Perform complete discipline estimate from receipt of bid package through final bid review, including: site visits, scope determination, input data into computerized estimating systems, questions to Owner/Engineer and qualifications.
Manage the available bid time to insure accurate and timely preparation of a complete estimate.
Organize and detail the estimate so that it can be properly manhoured, easily understood for review purposes, and efficiently turned over to the field personnel.
Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, fairness and ethical behavior when representing TEI to clients, engineers, vendors or competitors.
- High school degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years construction estimating experience in Industrial, process type construction projects.
- Design build estimating experience
- Experience with Hard Dollar estimating software a plus
- Cross trained in Field experience, Purchasing, or RFQ’s
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required.
- Working knowledge of construction and estimating practices preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- and work directly with staff and operations department on completing various project estimates, and documentation.
- Successful candidate will work with district estimators to learn systems and procedures
- Must have desire to work in Heavy Construction Industry
Ibberson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply. All new hires must successfully pass a new hire drug test, prior to start of employment.