(This position will be part of the Procurement Shared Services team supporting projects around North America, travel is required)
Develop issue and monitor all subcontracts for Kiewit / Ganotec West projects, ensuring proper standardized methods are utilized and followed. In addition the position will be responsible for ensuring that all issued subcontracts are in compliance with all federal, provincial, municipal laws and project contract agreements. The Procurement Manager will be required to work closely with the Estimating Department in the submission of bid proposals. In conjunction with the legal department, ensure the flow downs are incorporated into project specific subcontracts, material contracts and when applicable, standard PO terms to communicate pertinent language from our prime contract to our lower tier suppliers and subcontractors.
Minimum high school diploma plus 3-5 years experience administering subcontracts in a construction environment is required. The Procurement Manager must have a basic knowledge and understanding of contract law. In addition, working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is necessary for the position. Previous experience working with a scheduling and accounting software is strongly recommended. A professional designation or post secondary education in a related field would be considered an asset.
This position must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision. The position requires someone with the ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Ganotec West’s policies, procedures and software programs. Also, the position requires the person to identify and resolve any problems that may arise. In addition, this position must have excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills. The ability in ensuring confidentiality is strictly required for this position.
- Pre-qualify subcontracts per Kiewit / Ganotec West policies
- Prepare and/or provide assistance to prepare bid inquires, negotiate and award contracts per Kiewit / Ganotec West and project polices
- Administer and/or assist with subcontractor’s change orders, back charges
- Review, justify or refute claims for extra compensation
- Act as liaison between owners, subcontractors, project management, home office management and any other necessary department
- Evaluate and analyze proposed pricing from suppliers and present recommendations based on gathered information
- Ensure “flow down” of prime contract into project subcontracts is maintained
- Maintain records documenting subcontractor’s performance to provide input to other departments for cost, schedule, performance, etc
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Receive and maintain current insurance certificates and any other required information for all subcontractors currently working with Ganotec West
- Create Project Specific Procurement Plans (PSPP) and Procurement Status Reports (PRS) to achieve buyouts that support the project’s schedule. Promote the use and maintenance of these documents to field buyers
- Identify personnel performing purchasing in the region. Evaluate their experience and skill sets and provide training on procurement policies and procedures, contract administration, ethics, issuing orders, reports and SAP.
- Assist projects and field procurement/material management personnel in the areas of job kickoff meetings, job start up, terms and conditions negotiations, scope definitions, tax or invoicing issues, vendor sourcing, vendor performance issues, problem solving, dispute resolution, monthly jobsite meetings, job close out, critiques and general procurement support
- Issue timely and comprehensive purchase orders and subcontracts on awarded projects to the most competitive and responsive bidders who will perform within time constraints of the project
- Perform audits and follow up to measure progress toward complete compliance
- Provide semi annual reports to division/district managers, field procurement manager and the director of procurement on training, buy-out savings, procurement activities, audits, vendor performance, preferred supplier utilization and SAP compliance
- Review field issued subcontracts and POs as required by the construction area manager
- Receive SAP security requests. Review training records and who else is capable of issuing POs or receiving materials on the project before granting any access
- Review and monitor procurement activities in SAP for your region
- Identify misuse abuse and bad buying practices and do spot counselling on these subjects with users
- Monitor freight costs on projects in your region or company for excessive freight costs
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AND ACCEPT SITE ASSIGNMENTS